Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sayin' Something

All right.

I've remained mum about this recession. I can't anymore. I'm angry. I have two degrees. I excelled in both high school and college. I like to think I'm talented and creative. My managers and former bosses adored me, save one because she was an off the boat Italian with no prior restaurant experience. Yet, I spent my lunch hour at my current production job applying to server positions in NYC. Oh, and did I mention that my current job is outsourcing? First to Florida and then to India. Yeah.

I'm taking two steps back, and I hate it. I'm better than this. And I know I can make money doing a "survival job," as my boyfriend calls them. I just don't want to. I didn't work so hard in school so I could do that.

I have talented friends/associates who graduated with and after me who have network jobs, and I'm happy for them. I just want to know why my resume, my skills,and my name were overlooked.

Damn it all. I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment