Monday, November 9, 2009

A Little Lost

So, yes. As many know, especially those who have been keeping tabs on me, I've been feeling a little lost lately. Of course, these feelings of emptiness, guilt, displacement, and confusion can all be explained. But I won't go into it.

Tonight's blog is focusing on a list of quotes/lyrics that I've found comforting in the past week.

"If my sky should fall/Would you even call?" -- Norah Jones, "What Am I To You?"

"The loneliness leads to bad dreams/And the bad dreams lead me to calling you/And I call you and say, 'Come here!'" -- Rilo Kiley, "Portions for Foxes"

"How can you just break away?/Why can't you find the words to say?/Love is something you work at" -- Michelle Branch & Sheryl Crow, "Love Me Like That"

"On my life I'll try today/There’s so much I've felt I should say, but/Even if your heart would listen/I Doubt I could explain" -- Jimmy Eat World, "If You Don't, Don't"

"You might have your reasons but you will never have my rhymes" -- John Mayer, "I'm Gonna Find Another You"

Have a nice night, kids. I promise these won't be so sappy. I've decided that I'm going to begin writing drabbles here. I hope, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment